According to Stanford Centre for social innovation, social innovation can be defined as
“.. a novel solution to a problem that is more effective, efficient, sustainable, or just… [where] the value created accrues primarily to society as a whole rather than private individuals. Social Innovation focuses attention on the ideas and solutions that create social value—as well as the processes through which they are generated”.
The Social Innovation Foundation – social innovation matters. A vision with a double meaning. Social Innovation is the heart of our belief system and it is what we passionately work on every day.
- Promotes, diffuses, supports and initiates activities within the social innovative realm;
- Is focused on systemic change and alternative solutions instead of incremental adaptations within the system;
- Is not merely a provider of courses or training programmes. The overall organizational mind-set preferably is on ‘sharing knowledge’ and dialogue, which will help stimulating new ideas and generating creative solutions;
- Works together with related organizations in other European countries;
- Initiated the MOVABLE^LAB program, together with RadicalFuture. This program on new leadership and co-creation will take place in Spain, The Netherlands, Germany, Italy and the Czech Republic.
We stimulate everything that advances social innovation and sustainability in a meaningful and broad regional, national and international context. In short: we co-realize the emerging future.
Keywords think tank, transition, penta helix, co-creation, creativity creation, crossover, action research, connectivity, sustainability, natural organising, getting things done differently, co-realizing the emerging future.
- member of the World Smart Capital Steering Committee
- co-organizer Dutch Network Social Innovations Regions (NSIR-NL)
- ambassador of the Dortmund/Brussels Position Paper on Workplace Innovation
- partner | ambassador of the European Workplace Innovation Network (EUWIN)
- concept founders of MOVABLE^LAB, Young Social Innovators, URBAN HUMAN SCALE, and Social Innovation Matters
Feel free to connect to find out what we can do for you or your organization or your region. We have a lot to share, we like to inspire, and we want to contribute to a more sustainable and social innovative future.